FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do I get the error message "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “BDMV” can’t be read or written?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Why do I get the error message "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “BDMV” can’t be read or written?
on May 13, 2015 at 11:42:40 pm

I'm trying to backup a card I used to shoot AVCHD footage. I shot it a while ago so I don't have the original card. When i drag it in finder, it starts fine, then gets super slow, then eventually i get the message, "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “BDMV” can’t be read or written. The card though works fine when I try to import it into FCP 7, so I don't think the card is corrupted.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Rob Gutermuth
Re: Why do I get the error message "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “BDMV” can’t be read or written?
on Jun 8, 2015 at 11:41:06 am

does it mount ok? if you can mount the disk image fine, try this:

use disk utility, and when it opens, select the DMG file.

choose new image at the top...

then, just select where you want it to go... don't rename it, etc... what I do, is make a folder first that has the clients info as the title of the folder, and then inside that folder is the CANON DMG file... (or whatever it's named from your camera)

this will back it up... you could also choose of course, a memory card too, or another HD, etc...

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

Tom Peace
Re: Why do I get the error message "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “BDMV” can’t be read or written?
on Apr 17, 2016 at 8:48:39 am

I found that if you have a card reader it will give you this error, I now plug the camera directly to the computer and am able to copy across the media i have shot and am able to delete and manipulate as if it is on my mac.
Running OS X 10.11.4
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]