FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does C100 Mk ii output special record slow motion to HDMI?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon Gold
Does C100 Mk ii output special record slow motion to HDMI?
on May 11, 2015 at 6:17:52 pm

Just rented this camera with a Ninja Blade. I'm shooting 60i and plan to achieve somewhat over-cranked effect in post. However, I'd love to see if I can do better with the camera's new special record slow motion feature. Anyone know if this camera outputs slow motion footage via hdmi. It's not looking that way to me.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Does C100 Mk ii output special record slow motion to HDMI?
on May 12, 2015 at 1:51:34 pm

[Shannon Gold] "Anyone know if this camera outputs slow motion footage via hdmi. It's not looking that way to me."

How would it output slow motion? It would have to first capture the image up front in 60p, then conform it to your base frame-rate, then output it. Which would mean there'd be some significant lag, and would require a buffer in order to save the conformed raw footage.

The C100 Mark II only outputs straight up 60p, which only the Shogun can record out of the Atomos lineup.

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: Does C100 Mk ii output special record slow motion to HDMI?
on Jun 1, 2015 at 6:19:45 pm

But doesn't the c100mII have the special recording mode to record overcranked in camera, so that it plays back at 24p. Its recording 24p over a 60p. Would you be able to fool the Ninja and capture this way?

I've been struggling with something similar. Capturing sloMo in camera or shot 60p and conform footage in post. Not sure which is better or what the benefits are of either.

iMac 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
External RAID 5 in T-Bolt Chasis using eSata
BMD Decklink Studio 2, FSI BM210, KRK Rokit 5s, Mackie 802

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]