FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt clips from C300. Corrupt clips shows 50 Unix Executable Files. Is this a card or camera issue?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Lees
Corrupt clips from C300. Corrupt clips shows 50 Unix Executable Files. Is this a card or camera issue?
on May 6, 2015 at 11:48:15 am

Hey Everyone,

A card recently came back from a shoot and had several corrupt clips. We didn't notice this problem until the director noticed they where missing in the edit. The cameraman didn't see anything strange during the recording apparently.

Several clips do not appear on the Mac (running yosemite) at all and one clip shows a whole load of Unix Executable Files (pic included below). The C300 has the latest firmware and the Card was a brand new SanDisk Extreme 64GB (120MB/s). The majority of clips where fine from the shoot.

I have experienced whole cards corrupting and I have experienced clips corrupting or cutting when the card write speed is too slow but I haven't seen this before and don't know why it has happened. I don't want to pass it off as just a 'random corruption' and see it happen again on another important shoot and loose valuable footage.

The only thing that looks out of place is the DCIM and MISC files at the root of the card.

If anyone has seen this before or knows the cause of the it would be really appreciated!!

Thanks

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]