FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera or settings?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sam leonard
Camera or settings?
on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:59:31 pm

Hi,

im a little stuck on whether the following footage is a fualt with the settings, and i can fix in post.

OR

The Canon handicam has had it....

Thoughts? Am with client atm!

Thanks,
Sam

camera used is; Canon, HD Legria HFS21

footage,
https://vimeo.com/119957049

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Camera or settings?
on Feb 18, 2015 at 6:32:58 pm

Obviously you have big issues there.

Does the footage look like that when you play it back in camera, and view it on the camera's LCD screen? If so, you have a problem with the camera.

Or... does the footage look fine on the camera's screen, but looks terrible like that when you take it into editing? If so, then you have a problem somewhere in the ingesting or transcoding or whatever you are doing to import that footage (I don't know what platform you are editing on, nor am I familiar with that camera enough to know what kind of files it generates... but that observation would apply to whatever method is used to do that).

That's not a camera settings issue... obviously there are no camera settings that would yield that kind of result.

I wouldn't want to say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the camera is toast... and sadly, since it is both older and a not-that-expensive consumer model in the first place, any repairs would likely far exceed the value of the camera.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]