FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C300 external audio TC jam sync issue.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Knowles
Canon C300 external audio TC jam sync issue.
on Jan 26, 2015 at 11:43:06 pm

Having a very odd issue with our current production. We're shooting with a brand new C-300 which is being fed timecode from an external sync box from our audio guy. He also has a TC slate that we shoot. All 3 SHOULD be in sync.

We've had an intermittent issue where the timecode will be out of sync, by as much as 8 seconds. It's NOT a drift, it's just that between takes the camera timecode will jump. It generally only happens once per shooting day, and the TC is in sync before it happens. The weird thing is, the camera and the slate will match -- it's the TC in the external audio files that is no longer matches up.

I'd appreciate any advice here but would also like to check in on some dedicated camera boards (or even C-300 boards) but I'm not familiar with any, so if you guys have some other places I should check out please let me know!

TIA,
JVK

Return to posts index

John Knowles
Re: Canon C300 external audio TC jam sync issue.
on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:07:10 pm

The plot thickens!!

So it turns out it may not be an equipment issue. Our asst. editor just discovered that the raw footage timecode does match in Premiere Pro -- BEFORE he sends it to PluralEyes to sync. When it comes back from PluralEyes it has altered the TC from the mixer with this offset. Happens randomly. I've opened a support ticket with Red Giant for now, hopefully this was just a software issue...

JVK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]