FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C500 with Oddyssey Q7 failure in 4K 50P raw recordings

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fernando Garcia
Canon C500 with Oddyssey Q7 failure in 4K 50P raw recordings
on Dec 18, 2014 at 10:14:22 am

Hi, I am a director/editor of documentary series for TV and belong to a tv and radio producing company in Spain. We have already finished a series of 6 episodes about the great 16th century artist “El Greco”. We produced it for the Spanish National Broadcasting System TVE. As a novelty we did it in 4k (focused for foreign markets) with a Canon C500 camera and recorded in RAW 50P (RMF files) through an Oddyssey 7Q as TVE required to our producing company. The problem showed out after 15 days of recordings, as the technical TVE 4k area in charge of checking the raw files (I was offline working with the 25P HD proxy files that the C500 records simultaneously in internal CF cards) didn´t notice before it was just being recorded in 25P dubbed, repeating every single frame. So we ended with a huge amount of Terabytes stored, which should have occupied just the half for the result obtained. We checked out with Canon and “of course” it wasn´t their fault, neither from the people of Oddyssey (Convergent Design). We tried with different Canon C500 cameras and different 7Q recording units, following all the instructions, set ups, as required, with the same result: Canon plus Oddyssey recording in RAW 50P 4K delivers RAW 25+25 repeated frame 4K material.
Well, after this sad, sad history I was wondering, if there is a chance to manage the raw material (script or something like), to delete one of every two RMF files that comprises each video file, so the raw files will be half large, will not have repeated useless frames, and keep on working in Resolve Da Vinci, for example.
Thanks in advance
Fernando Garcia
Madrid
Spain

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]