FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon c500 problem

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elaine Delvalle
Canon c500 problem
on Sep 24, 2014 at 9:36:44 am

I was so excited to own a canon c500 with the odyssey 4k recorder and raw license. Finishing up my short film I rented the movi for my running and car scenes. Since the set up was a real investment I decided to shoot stock footage the day prior to my actual film shoot. Within 2 hours of shooting My canon c500 just stopped working. Wouldn't turn on. I tried every power option. It never left my possession. I only used it a total of 5 days in the few months I've owned it. I quickly called canon and they told me it sounds like a short in the camera. I was willing to drive to New Jersey to get a new one for my shoot the next day, which was hard to put together as the location required major permits and getting all the players together was a task for my independent film...but they just told me I had to send it in for repairs. I scrambled to call every rental house in NYC to find a replacement for the canon c500. I finally found it but it cost me another $1100 to rent the canon c500 (with extra batteries as the movi could not manage all the attachments that the c500 required on the rig with the recorder). Glad to say I finished my short last night, and will be dealing with canon today.
Coincidentally, I often rent my home for use in commercials...some producers came by and saw that I had the canon c500. I told them my dilemma and one of the producers said he'd "throw a match to that camera"
I'm so upset over this and researched the canon c500 so thoroughly...I was so proud of my investment and now this...has anyone had this shorting out issue with the canon c500? What problems have arisen? What do I do about this additional money I had to spend on the rental of a camera that I already owned???? Help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]