FORUMS: list search recent posts

c300 card 'Unable to be read'

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Jopple
c300 card 'Unable to be read'
on Jul 27, 2014 at 11:49:13 pm

Hello,

While working with the C300 recently, one CF card that has been used many times before on the shoot and was playing back in-camera properly was 'unable' to be read' at all by the finder when mounted in the card-reader. No previous issues have previously risen when using this camera, card, or reader, and was an isolated incident, as we continued using the same reader, computer and camera without any other issues. The card wasn't dropped or damaged between being used and offloaded.

Has this ever happened to anyone before? Is it definitely a sign of a corrupt card? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated in advance!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: c300 card 'Unable to be read'
on Jul 28, 2014 at 2:35:29 pm

I read about two years ago in an interview with the Canadian rep of I believe Panasonic, that he had a box full of failed cards in his office. As long as other cards aren't failing or that you can pinpoint it to one device or another, I wouldn't worry about it and just replace the card. CF cards don't seem to fail much, in my experience, at least not the ones I'm using (actually I've never had a CF card fail). I've had a couple of SD cards fail, and I believe that the handling of them, getting finger grease on the leads is to blame.

Al

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Aug 3, 2014 at 12:00:51 pm

I had a buddy have the same thing happen. The computer wouldn't copy the files off the card. He tried a different computer and it worked. So, it might not be the card. Try another Mac and reader.

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

David Howard
on Aug 11, 2014 at 7:04:38 am

sounds like the card was corrupted. It happened to me once where I was recording and record button was switching off automatically after 10 seconds. Turns out the card was not good enough to be used in a dslr camera.

Redefined Media

Video Production Sydney

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]