FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a Canon XA10 with a Canon 550D

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Johnson
Using a Canon XA10 with a Canon 550D
on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:34:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what your thoughts or experiences are with using a Canon XA10 alongside a Canon 550D (or similar Canon DSLR). I have a Canon XA10 that I use for wedding videos, but I am also looking to purchase a second camera - I'm pretty much just wondering how you think these two cameras would work side by side. Would they be relatively easy to match up if shot on the correct settings or would they be a nightmare in post?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Laura

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Using a Canon XA10 with a Canon 550D
on Jun 18, 2014 at 1:14:52 pm

Cameras are always going to be a little tricky to match up when they are not the exact same model. That said, depending on exactly why you want to pair the XA10 with a 550D might not be a quite a bad thing considering you will have two different tools for different needs.

Ultimately, how well those two cameras will match depends on your taste. I have seen a GoPro and an Epic X inter-cut and it worked fine, and I would say that picking a good profile for both and keeping the WB settings consistent will probably get you to where you'll be happy. I would say that if you go this route, test it well before you use it in a paid setting first, and your goal should be to get it to a point where you're not doing much, if any, post on it to get it to match utilizing the in-camera settings available to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]