FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seeking Advice on Which Camera to Buy for Dance Documentation

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julia Gladstone
Seeking Advice on Which Camera to Buy for Dance Documentation
on May 23, 2014 at 6:46:47 pm

I am looking to spend $800-$1100 on a camera to be used for dance video, dance documentation, and video portraiture / interviews, and potentially photography if I choose a DSLR. I would like to find a camera that has excellent image quality, ease of focus, does well in low light, option for audio output/shotgun mic + headphone jack, and has a good deal of manual controls. I am stuck at an impass between purchasing a DSLR and a regular camcorder.

Fistly, are there any DSLR cameras out there whose sensors don't burn out after 12 minutes???

The cameras I am considering are the Canon EOS 70D, the Canon Vixia G10/20/30 series, and the Canon XA10. Any thoughts on which is best for the price range I described?
What about used or refurbished cameras? Anything I should look out for to make certain the camera is in good condition?

And a side note, I need to get FCP7 on my computer, what is the cheapest way to get it reliably?!?!?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Return to posts index

David Howard
Re: Seeking Advice on Which Camera to Buy for Dance Documentation
on Aug 11, 2014 at 7:09:35 am

I use a cannon 650D and the video goes for 30min but after 15min it cuts it into 2 clips but keeps running which I find really good. The camera is great and I use it with final cut pro x which I would highly recommend getting as it works with dslr files really well. Hope this helps

Redefined Media

Video Production Sydney

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]