C100 or C300

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Park
C100 or C300
on Apr 10, 2014 at 10:17:34 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Park on Apr 10, 2014 at 10:52:37 pm

Hi,

After waiting for Canon not to announce anything that interesting for me at NAB 2014 I am still left unsure which camera to buy! C100 or the C300?

Yesterday I hired a 1dc for a job, but found it clumsy for audio and ergnomiclly not great for hand held.

Essentially, will a c100 with Ninja Blade be a better way to go than a C300? I can pick up a 2nd hand c300 for about 8k AUD or a C100 new with upgrade and ninja blade for about 7k.

Is there any chance that the new Atamos Shogun will one day unlock more potential from the c100? Any thoughts....

the only other thought is to keep hiring and wait for the 7d markII as potential package with new technology (Ideally I'd like 4k ( helpful in post, dual pixel and touch screen etc)

thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Carter
Re: C100 or C300
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:55:33 pm

I have a C100 and love it. It will not be 'better' than a C300, no matter what - but Paul Joy (http://www.pauljoy.com) has both cameras and essentially said they are the same when recorded to a Ninja.

I believe the choice comes down to A) do you need an internal broadcast approved codec B) viewfinder issues C) cost.

Doing productions on your own, their is not a big difference between the cameras. I shot for Australia's "The Feed" once and they had no problem going from their C300 to my C100 (Tampa, FL shots:

)

If you can afford the price difference, I'd probably go with the C300 - you can now upgrade to dual pixel autofocus. Otherwise the C100 is a great camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]