Today i encountered a major issue regarding the c300 which i thought i would share.
To put in context, this is for a tv serie, docu style. I imported c300 .mxf footage in premiere, and everything worked fine for the past few weeks. However, somewhere last week, i think after the first december patch, i encountered something very odd.
MXF files, which stop at 2g on the C300, would split in a second file if the clip went long. i.e
AF001903.mxf (300mb) - 300mb because the cameraman stopped recording.
Everything worked fine in premiere, but with the last patch, in a very odd manner, AF001902.mxf in Premiere would show the images from AF001901. It linked to the wrong clip. In VLC player via the Finder, everything worked fine, but when i opened premiere, any C300 recording folder that had more then one clip, would all link to the first clip. Same example
AF001902.mxf - THIS CLIP IN PREMIERE SHOWS THE IMAGES FROM AF001901.
Quite an oddity. I cleaned media cache, make offline and relinked, rebooted - all in vain.
The solution came when i deleted the .cif,.sif and .xml files which are often included in the files. When i did that, everything worked fine again. (for now...)
I gotta say this is quite a dangerous bug, as projects can be messed up completely.
Well, in actuality you only need the .MXF files, there's no need or reason to import the .CIF,.SIF or .XML files into your Premiere project or have them in any of the project's folders.
The easiest way to do that is using the Canon XF Utility right off the bat, and use it to merge and rename the .MXF files, or just copy and rename the .MXF files by themselves. No need for those other files, which are apparently just causing you problems.
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc. fantasticplastic.com