FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommendations: Point and Shoot "Video Camera"

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirk Lauterbach
Recommendations: Point and Shoot "Video Camera"
on Dec 22, 2013 at 4:56:49 pm

I am looking for something small and portable "point and shoot" camera that I can bring with me camping/climbing/ect. There would be times when this camera would supplement my DSLR camera so I would like the quality to be reasonably decent so that I can edit/render footage from both cameras in the same video without the point and shoot footage becoming an eye sore.

It does not have to be a Canon, I just didn't know where this kind of post goes.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Recommendations: Point and Shoot "Video Camera"
on Dec 24, 2013 at 5:20:41 am

There are so many choices. Look at canon vixia g30, the panasonic tm950 etc. they all take great video when the light is good.

Al

Return to posts index

Mark Weber
Re: Recommendations: Point and Shoot "Video Camera"
on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:00:39 am

If you are willing to take a slightly larger camera, you might also want to look at the Canon XF100/XF105. They are significantly smaller than many "professional" cameras but they produce very good footage for their size.

For those into adventure, I have seen many people using the GoPro cameras which come with a waterproof case.

One of the problems that many still cameras with video have is that they can not focus or zoom while in the middle of a take. The Canon Gxx series of have this problem/feature.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]