FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-building C300 Card

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Levenstone
Re-building C300 Card
on Dec 13, 2013 at 5:05:26 pm

Hello Everyone,

I received a set of loose .MXF's from the C300. Is there a way to rebuild the CF card. I could do this with Raylight 3 for the MAC for P2 media. I work on mac.

What I actually need is to select the .MXF's and create a C300 compatible card.

Greetings,
Jeffrey

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Re-building C300 Card
on Dec 13, 2013 at 5:27:08 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Dec 13, 2013 at 5:31:25 pm

Hmmm... that MIGHT be a tall order. It might be doable if you have ALL the files, which is the question.

Do you ONLY have the .MXF files? Or do you have the other associated files with each clip as well?

The file structure of a C300's card is:

-A root folder called CONTENTS
-Inside that is a CLIPS folder (usually CLIPS001 by default)
-Inside that is an individual folder for EACH of your clips (each named something like AA2123, usually with successive number)
-Inside each individual folder are the associated files for that clip, there are six of them....

In that clips folder is the .MXF file... plus five other small associated files: .CIF, .CPF, .THM, .XML, and .SIF.

If you have all of these you can manually rebuild the card. Time consuming if there are a lot of clips, but it can be done.

If you are missing these other five files for each clip, it MIGHT work to rebuild the folder structure on the card but with only the .MXF file in each clip folder. I'm not sure if that would still work or not, but would be easy enough to test with just one or two clips. If that DOES work what you'd likely lose is the metadata and details for each clip, but they might still read otherwise with the Canon XF Utility... I just don't know. Never tried it. But the good news is that your .MXF files are still intact with all of the video/audio.

Here's an example of the C300 file structure that I just happened to have handy on my computer... you'd need to reproduce this structure exactly....

That first folder (20120426130028) is the backup folder on my computer. You don't need that. The first folder you'll need in the root of the card is the one called CONTENTS.

Hope this helps....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Levenstone
Re: Re-building C300 Card
on Dec 13, 2013 at 5:56:49 pm

Hello Todd,

That was very helpful. I just got confirmation form the client that he deleted the file structure, so there is no more option to rebuild the file structure.

Thank you the detailed explanation.

Greetings,
Jeffrey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]