FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 Fan went out

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
C300 Fan went out
on Dec 6, 2013 at 4:54:39 pm

Lost the fan on our C300 yesterday (it was 20 degrees outside!) so had to send it back. Pretty good service....hopefully they will expidite it. Had to rent a C100 in the interim.

Anyone else see this? They seemed to be familiar with the issue (hopefully no charge) and there are other posts online with the same issue.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: C300 Fan went out
on Dec 6, 2013 at 7:07:27 pm
Last Edited By Todd Terry on Dec 6, 2013 at 7:13:28 pm

Yikes...no, never heard of that. I shoot with a C300PL every day (well, maybe three days a week), and never had any troubles of that kind. Or any kind really, it has always performed flawlessly.

Hope they get it fixed, pronto. How does the problem manifest itself? Is there a warning of some kind that the fan is dead?... does the camera overheat? Just lock up? Want to stay on the lookout here.

I've sometimes wondered about the C300 fan situation. I've seen a number of posts on various forums (mostly older ones) with people complaining about the fan noise... being described as not nearly as bad as RED, for example, but still noticeable. My C300 is as quiet as a mouse. You cannot hear it running at all (I've even taken it into the audio booth to listen). You simply cannot hear it, unless you press your ear to the body... and then only barely.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Dec 7, 2013 at 2:21:18 am

Ours was pretty quiet too....fan just seized up. $480 to fix it plus I had to rent the C100 to cover the days it was out.

They have a new dust flange modification they are putting in that supposedly diverts dust away from the sensor when you change a lens. I think it also might actually divert more air to the sensor for better cooling...not sure.

But they would not cover the fan repair under warranty (ours is 5 months out and is only lightly used....it looks like new. No dust whatsoever inside according to the tech. Still they would not cover it.

But they are jumping right on it...should have it back mid next week and I just sent it in yesterday!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Bill Meissner
on Dec 18, 2013 at 1:21:39 am

>>But they would not cover the fan repair under warranty (ours is 5 months out...<<

Out of warranty or 5 months old? Seems like should be a warranty repair item

Bill

Sony EX1 / Canon 60D
Final Cut Pro
MacBook Pro
2.2Ghz i7 / 16Gb Ram
Matrox MX02 LE

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Dec 18, 2013 at 5:19:12 am

Yeah, in hindsight that has me wondering, too...

Because doesn't this camera have a three-year warranty?... and it was only released in November of 2011 so wouldn't all C300s still be under warranty?

I seem to have developed a problem of my own today on my C300PL... on a shoot we lost the HDMI output (which we use to feed an external monitor for clients and critical focus). At first I figured we just had a bad cable (and no spare with us), but testing with another device showed the cable is fine. The monitor is also fine, too.

Digging into the menu I also see that the SDI output line is flashing with a very irregular pattern (not that we were using the SDI spigot at all, just noticed that). No idea if the two are related.

I thought about trying a full factory restore, except I have bunches of the external buttons assigned to specific functions, and I didn't want to lose those in the middle of a shoot.

Anyone else seen this?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]