FORUMS: list search recent posts

The MXF Wrapper: My Sound Drops Out in Post!?!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Bronte
The MXF Wrapper: My Sound Drops Out in Post!?!
on Nov 10, 2013 at 11:44:41 pm

I'm using a Canon XF-100 and have two mics plugged into the XLR Ports. Both are Audio Technica with one AT4053b and the other a AT803. During recording the cameras levels are indicating that sound is being recorded and the headphones indicate the same. When I open up the files in Premiere Pro CC the sound plays for about a minute and the drops out as if I haven't recorded anything at all! Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong or have done wrong and can do to fix the problem?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: The MXF Wrapper: My Sound Drops Out in Post!?!
on Nov 16, 2013 at 5:24:48 pm

Patrick, not sure how new you are to Pr, but there is the issue of "conforming" the sound, the colored bar on the bottom right as you import. You have to let it conform the footage, essentially process the audio. iF you start too soon in playing the clip, you'll have drop outs.

But if that's not the issue, you could have a corrupted Adobe index. I don't think that's the problem, but you never know. I had it happen to me about two months ago, and rebuilding the index solved the problem. Not sure if I am remembering the exact terminology, but that's close.

Al

Return to posts index

Patrick Bronte
on Nov 21, 2013 at 3:10:23 am

Yeah i'm pretty new to Pr and the XF-100. I tried using CS6 and the Audio worked but not CC. How would I go about fixing the index problem.

Al, I'm recording two channels of sound with the mics I mentioned in my original post. When they play back in Pr they play back in only one of its channels. Could this be an Adobe thing or me thing? I've followed the XF-100s manual and it shows in the view finder that two channels / bars are recording. Again what mistake do you think I could be making here?

thanks for your help!

Pat

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:33:07 am

Did you do the work to actually tell Pr to break the channels into dual mono before adding it to your timeline? In CC you no longer will have to do that, you can do it from the timeline. But in 6, you need to do it before adding it to the timeline.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]