FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon C100 Slow Mo Workflow

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zoe griffiths
Canon C100 Slow Mo Workflow
on Sep 29, 2013 at 11:07:36 am

Hello all, I'd really appreciate some help with a Canon C100 question...

I've just shot a short sequence using the C100, shooting on 60fps. The output I'm looking for is a smooth slow mo effect. I'm now trying to convert it into a format that fits with the F5 footage also shot in 60fps and now converted to h264, 24fps.

Can anyone tell me how I would go about converting the C100 footage into a usable 24fps format?

I'm completely lost at the moment!

many thanks,
Zoƫ

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon C100 Slow Mo Workflow
on Sep 30, 2013 at 4:39:12 am

[zoe griffiths] "Can anyone tell me how I would go about converting the C100 footage into a usable 24fps format?"

Normally you don't have to "do" anything to get that to happen... it just "does" (nor should there be any conversion that needs to happen).

My experience is not with the C100, but with the C300... but it works exactly the same. I'm also editing with Adobe Premiere CS6... your mileage may vary if you are using a different editing platform but it should all be basically the same.

If I shoot a shot at 60fps and drop it on a 24p timeline, it is automatically slow-mo'd nice and smooth. It lays down on the timeline at frame-for-frame... therefore a 60fps shot on a 24p timeline is a slow-mo of 40% normal speed.

How are you doing it now that you are getting bad (or just plain confusing) results?

Knowing as many tech details as possible (such as editing platform, settings, etc.) may lead us to some more useful answers.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Bradford Hill
Re: Canon C100 Slow Mo Workflow
on Nov 25, 2013 at 6:52:53 pm

Zoe -

You're problem may exist in the fact that the Canon C100 is not able to shoot 60fps(59.94FPS). Did you mean 60i? and then converted to 60p?

Which editing software are you using? Premiere/FCP/AVID?

Best regards,
Bradford Hill
Content Producer/Editor
ProductionHUB.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]