FORUMS: list search recent posts

2/3 lens on Canon C300?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nik Read
2/3 lens on Canon C300?
on Aug 3, 2013 at 11:35:59 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have had any experience in using 2/3 inch lenses with the C300? I am just about to take delivery of the camera and the biggest thing that concerns me is the fact I will lose the ability to be as flexible in my shooting. (I currently have a Sony PMW350) My biggest concern is having to keep changing lenses all the time, as there doesn't seem to be one "do it all" lens to go to, that's why I started wondering if I could use my existing Fuji zoom.

I have looked online and found this adapter that claims to allow you to use 2/3 inch lenses but it seem a little too good to be true?

http://www.broadcastwave.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1...

Just wondered if you guys could he'd any light on it or had any other options or ideas?

Kindest regards
Nik

Return to posts index

Seth Marshall
Re: 2/3 lens on Canon C300?
on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:11:03 pm

Unfortunately I can't comment on it, but look forward to hearing what others experience with this type adapter has been.

But AbleCine developed something similar, and probably first, called the HDx2 and HDx35. It is significantly more expensive, maybe better?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:18:45 pm

The one from AbleCine looks to be a better and more "pro" device.

It appears that with it you don't have to use the 2x extender in the video lens... and they have made allowances for the fact that a lens built for prism/CCDs will be used with a single sensor.

It also has an attachment port for a lens support.

It doesn't appear to cover all full-size sensors though, so unsure if it would cover the C300.

Still... it all depends on how good the B4 lens that you are attaching to it is. The image is never going to be any better than the worst piece of glass in the chain.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Seth Marshall
on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:37:04 pm

I forgot I have seen that other adapter that needs the extender. Yeah, I imagine its no where as good as the Able version. I believe the HDx35 is the correct size for C300

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]