FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost footage on SD card

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Gwydir
Lost footage on SD card
on Jul 15, 2013 at 3:20:47 am

Hello-

I am afraid I am going crazy - I have been looking at this issue all day and I cannot see how it happened - help. I have a small start up company and this is going to cost me if I can't figure it.

I have a cannon vixia HFS 200 with 2 SD cards - both 8 GB with plenty of space and I have used them before recently with no issues.

I was taping hitters at a softball event - short slips about 45 sec each in order. The same camera person worked the whole day and swears she pressed play and her log is perfect.

The first half of the event is on the SD card no issues. but the 3rd group is missing - it goes right from group 2 to the 4th group missing 28 clips. Here is the part I cannot figure out the time stamps go from the end of the second group and then go right to the forth group (which was an hour later) but midway through the 4th group there is a gap in the time stamps of an hour (there should not be - they ran without a break).

The only abnormality is that the battery ran low in the middle of the missing group and was changed out. It still had a few mins on it so it did not shut off due to lack of power.

Where did group 3 go? I have pulled the SD card and scanned it on my pc and I find the same issues.

It looks like half the video form the 4th group was pushed back in time and group 3 disappeared.

It was very hot (in TX over 100) and we were outside - the operator says there no issues.

I have used this same camera many times with no issues.

Is there a way the video can be still on the card but the time stamps are messed up? Is there any way to check this?
I checked the stream folder after I put the card into my laptop and say the exact same things I saw when I down loaded the video. I checked the 2nd card to see if it was recorded there in some way but no luck.

Help - anyone. I am going crazy
Kim

Return to posts index

Mark Weber
Re: Lost footage on SD card
on Jul 15, 2013 at 6:05:10 pm

I have successfully recovered photo files from SD cards using the utility RecoverRX which Transcend offers. It will scan the whole memory chip and copy any recovered files to a disk.

It can be downloaded from the Transcend web site:
http://www.transcend-info.com/support/DlCenter/DLSoftware.asp?SID=4

Hope this helps.
Mark W

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]