FORUMS: list search recent posts

XF305 noise and CF issue - quick response greatly appreciated

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Greenwood
XF305 noise and CF issue - quick response greatly appreciated
on Apr 7, 2013 at 9:06:32 pm

Hi, working on a shoot in Afghanistan. Just found we have a huge noise problem with the XF305. Even at 6db it looks lousy in low light.

I don't know the XF305 at all. I came out here to do editorial stuff, not tech stuff, but I'm the most tech savvy of the group (the camera guy is a great journalist, but more of a point and shoot type guy than a cameraman) so it's down to me to fix it before I leave tomorrow morning.
Have looked extensively online, but can't work out how to dial in the Noise Reduction level. It's stuck in auto (kind of faded in the menu and inaccessible).

Also, when the camera initializes a 32GB CF card, it reduces the size of the card to 7GB. Grr!

Any swiftly posted pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Harry Pallenberg
Re: XF305 noise and CF issue - quick response greatly appreciated
on Apr 9, 2013 at 1:47:11 am

Always good to do the basic checks 1dt. Have turned the switch on the left side form FULL AUTO switch from ON to OFF?

Next make sure the AGC switch on the same side of the camera just closer to the lens is also turned to off?

As far as the CF card. Try recording a few minutes on it then re-format it. If it still goes down to 7GB try doing it in the other slot.

Just saw the date you posted this - hope this still helps or you figured it out.

Thanks,
Harry

Forum Cowmunity Leader: Indie & Doc
Forum Cowmunity Leader: HDV

2.93Core i7 ** 4GB ** 10.6.7 (Office / Photoshop/ FCP 7)

Where They Raced
http://www.wheretheyraced.com

http://www.harrypallenberg.com

Return to posts index

Tom Greenwood
Re: XF305 noise and CF issue - quick response greatly appreciated
on Apr 9, 2013 at 7:46:15 am

Thanks for the post Harry, but it's not an auto gain issue. And yup, tried that with the cards. Looks like we'll just have to live with it. Cheers anyway

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]