FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF breaks clips in 5 min parts

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Core van der Hoeven
MXF breaks clips in 5 min parts
on Mar 10, 2013 at 11:03:28 am

Hello to everybody who reads this,
I import MXF footage from a canon XF 100 into Avid MC that is mighty fine and fast
But the camera is breaking up longer shots in parts of about 5 minutes, that is annoying for editing
when I need material for and after the break of a longer(say 8 min) shot I have to add 2 clips instead of 1
is there a way to avoid that maybe software for the camera or for Avid or stand alone software?
I hope that there is someone out there who can help me
Core

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
Re: MXF breaks clips in 5 min parts
on Mar 10, 2013 at 7:59:25 pm

Core,

I just bought a used XF100 and noticed what appeared to be the same problem. I use Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro, so I'm not sure how it works on Avid - but I'd imagine that it's similar. If you import just the first clip of a multi-clip sequence the system will utilize the XML in the file to rebuild the original long clip out of the multiple short ones. You might need to be running the Canon XF utility to be able to do that. If you don't have the disc you can download the proper version here:
http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010880.asp

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
on Mar 11, 2013 at 1:30:44 pm

I should add that you should bring the media in through the media browser rather than directly importing it.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Core van der Hoeven
on Mar 11, 2013 at 3:39:52 pm

thanks for your reply, I download the software as soon as I have the serial number of the camera
strange that you must own the camera to download the utility software I'm just the editor I don't own a canon FX 100

thanks, Core

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
on Mar 11, 2013 at 4:04:20 pm

I'm not entirely sure that you NEED the software for relinking the clip through the media browser to work. You might want to give it a try without it and see if it works.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]