FORUMS: list search recent posts

C100 Premiere Pro6 and PsF Footage

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remsy Atassi
C100 Premiere Pro6 and PsF Footage
on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:19:19 pm

So after endless searching on the internet I haven't been able to find a solution and decided to bring my issue here.

I just bought a C100 last week after my first shoot with one went brilliantly. We were filming 1080p at 24p and had no issues syncing with other cameras or cutting natively in Premiere 6.

Now that I've done some further testing upon actually owning the camera, I find myself very annoyed. There is no 30p option. Now I don't mind a lack of slo-mo (I knew what I was getting into), and rarely even shoot 30p, but occasionally am requested to film at this rate. This Canon (like the XA10 and other Canon AVCHD cams as I have gathered in my research) only offer 29.97PsF. I haven't dealt with this crap since HDV and it seems impossible to use in Premiere. I understand what it is doing (Progressive frames in an interlaced wrapper) but can't seem to find a viable workaround because Premiere is unable to properly read these files.

Any suggestions for working with the footage natively? I have had some luck transcoding the 29.97PsF into 30p but the 23.98PsF seems unusable.

When I choose to manually interpret the footage as progressive footage in Premiere is kills the resolution and introduces a ton of aliasing. I literally cannot find a single sequence setting that does not have some kind of aliasing and it is driving me nuts - I've tried interlaced, progressive, every type of frame rate, AVCHD, all not to avail. I've even tried the ClipWrap solution but that doesn't work unless I transcode (which I would rather avoid).

If there is no option for easy use it will be a major bummer. Anyone have some experience with these formats in Premiere 6?

Return to posts index

Erik Naso
Re: C100 Premiere Pro6 and PsF Footage
on Mar 6, 2013 at 5:45:31 am

Take a look at this post.
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?302718-Interlacing-30PsF-Issues

Try this in Ppro CS6. Modify -> Conform to progressive scan.

After reading this. I would rather not shoot PSF.

Blog http://www.eriknaso.com
My Vimeo Page http://vimeo.com/user626030
Follow me on Twitter @ErikNaso

Return to posts index

Remsy Atassi
on Mar 6, 2013 at 11:34:12 pm

Yeah, no one seems to have a good solution. Here's hoping they add more support for the framerates in future versions of Premiere.

Thanks for the links. Loved your review of the camera btw, definitely influenced my purchase.

Return to posts index

Yoda Yun
on Nov 18, 2014 at 11:07:35 am
Last Edited By Yoda Yun on Nov 19, 2014 at 10:53:53 am

Have a try to set the Canon MTS framerate manually for Premiere via an effective tool. But pls make sure that you have not changed the keyframe after adjusting in that it will make your video unreadable or blurry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]