FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XF 305 for green screen

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Zammit
Canon XF 305 for green screen
on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:58:40 am

Hi

i need to set up a 3 camera green screen studio for an ongoing project.

Budgets aren't superb.

I was thinking of using 2 canon XF305's and as a third camera either the sony ex3 or fs700, or possibly a 5D MKII or C300(pushing budget a bit on this and 5d would have to fill in for it sometimes).

I know this is a mix but i am open to 3 of the same but if i can get one of the others to work with the XF305 i am a bit more versatile. Instead of having 3 identical cameras sitting around at the end of this.

Here is another little complication in this, the idea of 1 different camera is to also be used out of studio in which case the 5d would have to replace it, would this work? I've done green screen on it before and have gotten some pretty good results.

i also want a fast post production as this is a daily thing.

Does this setup make sense?
What would you suggest from these options or am i going about this all wrong?

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: Canon XF 305 for green screen
on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:41:24 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding your question. All the cameras you mention are reliable prosumer cameras that offer decent green screen results under good lighting and data control.

Personally I wouldn't mix and match cameras with different codec specifications and sensor sizes. If I am forced to use the XF305, I'd pick the EX3 or another XF305. Or I'd pick three 5D Mark IIIs and so on.

E.g. if you're in a studio environment, cameras with HD-SDI linked to a genlocked (if you can swing it) switcher will give you the fastest workflow. By using similar cameras you can set similar green screen settings, exposure, etc., and have a fast multi-cam edit. Hope this helps.

http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]