FORUMS: list search recent posts

Letus Extreme 35mm adapter on a XA10 do I need a Optimized Achromat

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Stevantoni
Letus Extreme 35mm adapter on a XA10 do I need a Optimized Achromat
on Jan 11, 2013 at 3:18:24 am

Hello

Going to buy a Letus Extreme for my XA10. I don't quite understand what the Achromat is for and if my camera needs it. The company is yet to return my email. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Letus Extreme 35mm adapter on a XA10 do I need a Optimized Achromat
on Jan 11, 2013 at 5:14:23 am

Not to hijack your thread, Mike (and maybe you'll get some answers about the achromat)... but...

Are you married to getting a new Letus?

I ask because after five years we are retiring our P+S Technik Mini35, and are thinking of selling it. No disrespect to Letus which is a good enough product, but it's pretty well established that the P+S Technik is an infinitely better unit than the Letus or any other DoF adapter out there. In fact, it is probably the best-engineered and designed piece of optical equipment I've ever owned, period.

Ours cost us $11,000 when we bought it and it has been worth every penny... but we'd let it go for a song now, just because the secondary market for DoF converters is very low.

We retired it (we were using it with an XLH1) because we have moved to the C300 and just don't need it anymore. It sure has produced some incredible images for us though.

If interested, feel free to contact me off forum at todd(at)fantasticplastic.com

And if not, well, now back to your regularly-scheduled posts...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]