FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking to upgrade my cameras

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex DeJesus
Looking to upgrade my cameras
on Dec 26, 2012 at 11:55:43 pm

Currently shoot with Canon XHA1s (two of them) and seriously looking at the XF300 for my main camera. If I chose a DSLR or some other camera for B roll, what combinations would give me a reasonable color match for the XF300?
I record mostly live events - concerts, dance routines, etc. in darker rooms. And an occasional wedding or commercial. I'm looking to do more cinematic stuff, though, and get more artsy with my footage.
I'm ready to purchase one camera within the next few days or weeks, and the 2nd camera down the road a bit. I look to spend $3,000 on the 2nd camera. I also considered a Canon C100, Blackmagic Cinema thing for my A camera, but according to what I've read, it looks like the XF300 is the better all around unit. The 2nd cam - I know an XF100 from Canon would give me good matched colors, but I would also like to swap out lenses for a change.

Alex DeJesus

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
Re: Looking to upgrade my cameras
on Dec 28, 2012 at 11:48:08 pm

Hi Alex,
since you are using like me the XH-A1S, and your target are dark rooms, please take a look at this quick comparison between the XH-A1 and the GY-HM600

I'd like to add to the contest the XF300, I hope to make it soon.
Best Regards,

Paolo
http://www.ivsEdits.com

Return to posts index

Alex DeJesus
Re: Looking to upgrade my cameras
on Dec 29, 2012 at 12:45:04 am

Thank you Paolo! That is quite a difference between the JVC and the XHA1. The Canon XF300 will probably do a lot better than the XHA1, and maybe the JVC. Canon camcorders have always had problems with low light. I'm afraid the XF300 will be the same. In the reviews, they always say it does 'okay' or 'good' but never great in low light.

The thing I HATE about Canon is that they always want to charge $1,000 more for the HD-SDI connector. Many cheaper cameras have HD-SDI. I like Canon, but this time I may go with something else

Alex DeJesus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]