FORUMS: list search recent posts

XH A1 - blinking/almost dead

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Sutton
XH A1 - blinking/almost dead
on Dec 5, 2012 at 12:58:00 pm

I've just woken up with a problem. I've seen a few posts about something similar and it looks like a trip to the service centre, but before I go I wanted to check here and see if there's any hope!

I have an XH A1. It's not used a great deal but yesterday I recorded a short piece with it and then captured that with firewire. No problems at all.

Set it up this morning and it wouldn't start. The LCD remained blank. However on VCR or record the blue HDV light flashed and the green power light flashed. There was also a slight clicking sound coming through on the speaker as well. And that was it; no picture at all.

The tape eject worked so I changed the tape. No difference. I'm using it on AC power at the moment (as I did yesterday).

I also tried a reset using the little button by the speaker (under the closed LCD) but that made no difference.

I'm just wondering if I've missed something else here. Or is it a trip to the service centre for this?

(I should say the cam is about 5 years old and has worked fine for all this time; it's not used a great deal and so far this is the only issue I've had with it. It's never been back for any kind of service in that time.)

Any help?

Sean James Sutton - an English actor & filmmaker in Italy.

Return to posts index

Roger Van Duyn
Re: XH A1 - blinking/almost dead
on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:40:07 pm

The standby/lock button isn't on is it? Sometimes I forget on my XH-A1. It's the little tab knob encircling the start button on the right side.

Canon removed that feature XH-A1S. I have one of those too! Sometimes I forget which of the two cameras I'm using and instinctively reach to toggle that standby/lock and it's not there.

Roger

Return to posts index

Sean Sutton
Re: XH A1 - blinking/almost dead
on Dec 9, 2012 at 8:51:00 pm

Unfortunately not, Roger.

Sean James Sutton - an English actor & filmmaker in Italy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]