FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon EOS C100 AVCHD and ProRes 4:2:2 HQ Comparison

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Huff
Canon EOS C100 AVCHD and ProRes 4:2:2 HQ Comparison
on Nov 27, 2012 at 1:10:20 pm

Had the C100 for a long weekend and did a lot of test shooting with it.

Comparison Video

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon EOS C100 AVCHD and ProRes 4:2:2 HQ Comparison
on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:02:11 pm

Looks good Gary....

What did you think of the camera in general?

I shoot with the C300 daily as my primary camera, and it is nothing short of complete aweomeness... but have been considering the C100 as a "B" camera as well. The only real stumbling block is the mount, I wish they had offered the C100 in a PL mount as well... we use the C300PL, and have lots of great PL mount glass and no EF-mount lenses. The C100 looks like it might be just a tad more grainy at higher ISOs than the C300, it's really hard to say though, it looks darn good. Actually I thought the test shots at 20000 looked better than the one at 10,000. At 10,000 it looked like the video noise we are used to seeing, but at 20,000 it looked more organic, like film grain.

I peronally could see little (if any) difference in the AVCHD and the ProRes in your test.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:33:59 pm

Hey Todd, I really like the camera, especially compared to the ergonomics of the DSLR bodies I usually shoot with.

The C100 would make an excellent B-camera, however the lack of PL mount in your case really seems like a no-go, which is a shame. I think the C100 at $6500 is a better deal than the C300 at $15,000, honestly (well, outside of no PL mount at least).

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Nov 28, 2012 at 6:31:23 am

While I think the ergonomics seem fabulous, I'm waiting to see more comparisons with other AVCHD camearas at lower price points. First impressions seem to be superb, but the money is in the image. I mean, I can buy a GH3 if I want AVCHD for $1200 and get what appears to be superb quality (my buddy has been shooting with a Gh2, and I have to say, it's great images). Currently, my 5dMkiii is giving me superb video and the sound input/monitoring is excellent. So I'm really curious if the AVCHD on this is actually better than others.

(I also have a xf105 and 305, so I'm not a Canon basher!). I love the xf305, for a lot of things. But not DOF.It's image quality often seems better than my 5D.

Al

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 30, 2012 at 11:55:49 pm

Hey Al, just saw your post. I think you might be interested in this comparison.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]