FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 CF card data recovery

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Huggins
C300 CF card data recovery
on Oct 20, 2012 at 4:46:46 pm

I'm editing a feature on FCP 6, and have run into a problem with some missing footage. One CF card was initialized in the C300 before it could be backed up.

If you've run into this before, and were able to recover the files, how did you deal with the missing folder structure? Did you go directly to the MXF files?

I used "Leawo Data Recovery Pro", which appears to have discovered all 30gb of of missing footage - but I can't seem to do anything with the MXF files. Canon's XF Utility program for FCP doesn't recognize anything without the folder structure, so that's a no go.

Nothing reads them, not even MXF conversion programs. Are they corrupt? Am I inept? I think it's some combination of the two.

This is a crucial and unrepeatable scene, so any advice is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: C300 CF card data recovery
on Oct 20, 2012 at 6:02:52 pm

I have no idea if this will work, but it might be worth a shot since it sounds like you have some irreplaceable footage that you really need.

I believe this is correct (and I'm not a FCP user, so I'm just basing this on what I've heard), that FCP will not natively read MXF files, and that's why you have to use the Canon utility to merge the MXF file with the other files in the particular clip's folder, and then (I think) use another conversion program to turn it into something you can use... is that right?

Well, we are all PC suites at our place, and while we do use the Canon utility with our C300 footage, we don't have to. With Premiere in CS6 you can go into a clip's folder and import just the MXF file only, and it works just fine. It's just clunker to do it that way because it means drilling down a tree of folders one at a time to access the MXF file... but the files will read in Premiere just fine and you can throw 'em right on a timeline.

It might be worth finding someong using CS6 and give them the MXF file to see if they can read it and convert it to a usable format for you.

Heck, if you wanted to send me the MXF file on a disk (data DVD or Blu-ray) or thumb drive I'd be happy to check it. Or FTP it, if it's not too huge.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huggins
on Oct 20, 2012 at 7:53:37 pm

Hey Todd, thanks so much for the offer - that would be great. Perhaps I could send you just one of the MXF files to check - maybe upload it to Google docs and share it with you to download?

If you have a Gmail account, that would be the fastest way to go.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Oct 20, 2012 at 8:51:50 pm

Sure, contact me off forum to arrange.

Click my company link below and you'll find info on the "Contact" page.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Albina Furtado
on Nov 24, 2012 at 5:36:01 am

Hey,
Why dont you try Yodot Photo Recovery Software. This can recover all the files inclucing photos videos and other files without affecting your system's performance. Though this software is not free, you can download its free demo version and begin the recovery process. After buying the software you can resume the recovery process without starting again. This software is perfect option for the question how to recover cf card. It is available for both Windows and Mac

Return to posts index

chris nuo
on Jul 14, 2013 at 3:18:09 pm

You may try other data recovery software. I came across this CF card data recovery guide last time, it gives step by step info for how to perform CF Card data recovery. It may be easier to follow it and recover data from your CF Card.

Return to posts index

Danly shred
on Oct 31, 2013 at 2:12:11 am

Hi, I've saved some of the picture I've taken on an external hard disc. Now, it is confirmed by the techies that all the data in it are lost. The recovery of the same will cost me a lot. But, I've the CF card from where all these pictures were copied. The major problem is I've formatted the card thrice and used it again for taking pictures. Is there any glimmer of hope for me on this way? Later, I usd Vibosoft cf card data recovery softare, it will works.

Learn: How to recover deleted file/data from memory card

Return to posts index

Sony Ivy
on Mar 7, 2013 at 7:24:10 am

Hi...

No need to worry!! You can perform compact flash card recovery using recovery tool.

When I was transferring files from compact flash card to PC, sudden power failure made files stored in my CF card inaccessible. While searching about solution to this problem I came across CF Card Recovery tool.

Yes, this tool works awesome and I was able to get back all my lost files. You can even download the trail version of this recovery software and check for the recovery results.

Return to posts index

Ezra Book
on May 18, 2013 at 3:01:54 pm

Hey guys-
Did it work?
We have a problem card from yesterday's shoot and are looking to get the footage back.
Thanks
ezra

Telling Image Films
NY NY

Return to posts index

Danly shred
on Oct 31, 2013 at 2:13:12 am

The other utility I have used to recover files is photorec, it's open source, however I don't know if it runs in windows as I use linux, but you could run an ubuntu live cd and install it (the app, not ubuntu), however, be warned that photorec is a command line utility :p. Whit this I could also recover most of the info on a corrupted partition.

Return to posts index

Jerry Aimee
on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:24:04 pm

You may have lost your vital photos, videos and audio files from a Canon C300 CF card due to some reasons. As a matter of fact, the files are not completely erased from the Canon C300 CF card on the deletion or formatting. Only files names and properties are erased, the file content is still hanging around and recoverable. All you need is to get a UFU Soft CF (Compact Flash) card recovery Mac tool, which can help to retrieve all the contents.

http://www.data-photo-recovery-tips.com/recover-lost-photovideoaudio-from-c...

Return to posts index

Victor Bensmann
on Nov 12, 2015 at 8:56:28 am

Did you ever get the problem solved? We currently going through the same…A short reply would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Victor

Return to posts index

Gary Huggins
on Nov 12, 2015 at 4:49:03 pm

Victor -

Ultimately I had to turn to a professional recovery service, which charged a phenomenal amount to recover about 50% of the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]