FORUMS: list search recent posts

MIC equipment advice for Canon Vixia HF R-10

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Morales
MIC equipment advice for Canon Vixia HF R-10
on Sep 25, 2012 at 12:16:15 am

So I have a dilemma.I've been looking at a couple mics: The Audio Technica PRO 24-CM and the Azden SMX 10. I've been looking around and somewhat comparing both with what I've read in user reviews and from youtube videos. The thing is almost every video is different relative to each mic. Sometimes the mics will sound great in one video, but noisy and hiss-y in another. So here are my questions:
Should I buy either of the two mics and does anyone have any experience with them, OR
My budget right now is under $110, so should I save up and buy a battery powered better mic instead?(hf r10 doesn't supply power),
Are there other mics that can be recommended to me within this price range?

I want to shoot video skits, sketches and the like, but sometimes be able to record outdoors as well.
Should I instead buy a separate microphone and record the audio later and just edit it together? (would prefer not to)
A response would be GREATLY appreciated.

Return to posts index

Roger Van Duyn
Re: MIC equipment advice for Canon Vixia HF R-10
on Sep 25, 2012 at 2:11:16 pm

I have a couple of Vixias and have used the Rode VideoMic with them both with pretty good results for more than three years. It costs a little more than your budget, unless you find one used. They are pretty good for a camera mounted, non-XLR microphone.

Roger

Return to posts index

Oscar Morales
on Sep 26, 2012 at 3:43:56 am

The Rode video mic came up in my searches too. I shied away from it because of the price. It's a shame the HF R10 doesn't have any type of already built in hot/cold shoe mounts. Would a Bescor VB-50 Universal Shoe Mount Adapter Bracket work for this camera for the Rode mic? Reading the description it seems like it could work with the Vixia. I'm only asking since you already have three years experience with Vixia cameras and because I only want to be sure. So far though, it seems as if I'm going to have to start saving a bit.

Return to posts index

Roger Van Duyn
on Sep 27, 2012 at 11:16:28 pm

That Bescor adapter should work fine. I have one that I use with my stills camera. It screws into the bottom of the camera into the 1/4 inch screw hole.

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]