FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring Canon XF305 footage

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Lawley
Transferring Canon XF305 footage
on Sep 13, 2012 at 7:13:38 pm

Hi all,

I am very new to the forums and I am hoping to get some help regarding a question I have.

I have recently started a new job and I have been given numerous CF cards to back up.

I have been backing them up to two drives, first, going into the card from My computer and copying the whole contents folder (Contents, Clips001, + index file and everything in the clip folders).

I have backed everything from the cards, not changing anything to various folders on the drive, not changing any folder names in the contents folder as I know this can cause issues.

I am just hoping for piece of mind as I have been panicking a lot seeing as this is a massive job.

My question is: given that I have backed up every card from the contents level and there are various clip folders that have clips spanning over 5 .mxf clips, will I have any issues when this comes to the edit (think it's being edited in Avid on PC)?

I have not deleted any .cif, .sif, .thm, .sic? files or anything, just simply copied each card as soon as I click on in in my computer and copy the contents folder.

I would appreciate any help as I am pulling my hair out and have heard fantastic things about this forum.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lawley
Re: Transferring Canon XF305 footage
on Sep 15, 2012 at 1:45:16 pm

Issue solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]