FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 5D Mark III Camera Shake

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Barrie
Canon 5D Mark III Camera Shake
on Aug 14, 2012 at 5:59:33 pm

Hey guys,

I'm working with some footage that I've received that was shot on the Canon 5D Mark III. The shots are dolly shots from side to side most likely using a slider. In the shots are some really weird camera shakes. I don't even know how to describe it. It almost looks like the objects in the shot quickly scale up and down. I uploaded a couple of shots to show you.

I've been seeing a few shots like this lately. Any idea on a way to fix it? Or possibly what it's from? Or tips I can tell the shooter so it doesn't happen in the future with his shots?

Thanks!

Marcus.

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Canon 5D Mark III Camera Shake
on Aug 15, 2012 at 8:01:29 am

At first before even looking at these I thought it's gotta be some rolling shutter bit... but after watching both all I can ask is what either of you are looking at? They seem fine to me. It's called perspective. Something you won't get by panning (these are not pans at all) or zooming. This is why people use sliders, to get that perspective movement. Just go with it. They're fine.

*edit* On second look full screen I see it now. Seems his slider either is sticking a bit and/or the head/tripod combination is either poor or not properly mounted which in turn cause slight shaking... which may cause some rolling shutter mess.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Aug 15, 2012 at 8:09:42 am

Is it possible that the shots were stabilized before you got the files?

Return to posts index

Marcus Barrie
on Aug 15, 2012 at 4:00:34 pm

Thanks for the reply guys.

David- It kind of does look like it's gone through some really bad stabilization before I got it. I'll bring that up to our photographer but I don't think he would have.

William- Yeah, it's hard to notice it unless it's full screen. I have it fullscreen on my second monitor and I can't even look at it without noticing it. I'll research the rolling shutter thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]