FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon cards no longer mounting with card readers

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Schuck
Canon cards no longer mounting with card readers
on Aug 14, 2012 at 2:11:56 pm

Hey All,

I've been running into this problem a lot and haven't found too much support on the interwebs.

Here's the deal:
I'm working for a production company where we shoot a lot of canon 60d footage. They bring back the cards to post, we back up the footage, and we format the cards using the camera.

This was working for a good while, but now none of the card readers work. They won't mount the cards and the funny thing is I've brought the cards over to some Imacs with sd card slots and they worked. A few weeks later, that was no longer the case and they stopped working.

The card readers still work for compact flash cards and everything else so I'm confused which is the culprit in this scenario.

The only way I can get the footage off the sd cards is to plug the 60d and use the canon utility. This isn't possible since the camera will be out in the field 99% of the time.

Has anyone seen this before and if so have any words of wisdom? I've reset the Pram on all computers involved.

The card readers I'm using are a Delkin DDreader-42 and some Iogear combo deal. No model on it, figures.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]