FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mark II silent mode or quiet shutter when taking photos?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina Miller
Mark II silent mode or quiet shutter when taking photos?
on Jul 22, 2012 at 9:18:24 pm

Hello, yesterday it was my job to take photos at a product line launch. It was a conference style setting. I moved around the room to snap photos at different angles. Every time I took a photo the shutter would make a loud noise which I assume was very distracting to everyone in the audience trying to listen to the presenters. Is there a way I can set the pictures to snap quietly or in a silent mode? Thank you! Your help is greatly appreciated. Gina

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
Re: Mark II silent mode or quiet shutter when taking photos?
on Jul 23, 2012 at 7:17:05 pm

ping

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Mark II silent mode or quiet shutter when taking photos?
on Jul 23, 2012 at 7:54:08 pm

Shoot with a rangerfinder or other non-SLR camera so there's no mirror that has to whack up and down, which is what some (although not all) of the typical "shutter sound" is.

Or shoot in video mode, and extract stills as needed from the footage. The biggest pro of that method would be that it would be perfectly silent. The biggest con would be that the images would not be of nearly the resolution (or rather, size) than when shooting stills with the Mark II. If you do it that way, you'll want to set your shutter speed nice and high, not the 1/48th or 1/60th settings that would be normal shutters in movie mode, in order to get sharp crisp still extractions.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]