FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone using CF Recorders with XHA1?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chas Smith
Anyone using CF Recorders with XHA1?
on Jul 22, 2012 at 8:10:37 pm

I'd like to extend the life of my Canon XHA1 and am researching Compact Flash Recorders to use in the field prodn & location shoots.
Would like to keep cost down. Anyone using anything like this? Looked at DataVideo's & Citidisk, etc. Any first-hand experinces & tips would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Chaz

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
Re: Anyone using CF Recorders with XHA1?
on Jul 24, 2012 at 2:31:51 am

What I use and consider the best bang for the buck is the Datavideo DN-60. Simple, straightforward, does what it's supposed to do and has one important feature it's more expensive cousins lack: a choice between FAT-32 and NTFS file systems. NTFS allows uninterrupted long form recording without the file size limitations of FAT-32. I have an XH-A1S. I record simultaneously to tape & CF flash and always will as they back each other up. Check it out online, great prices at B&H Photo in NY.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com
http://www.rgbmediaservices.com

Return to posts index

Paolo Castellano
on Jul 26, 2012 at 12:58:42 pm

Hello Chas,
I confirm Joel comment; we are using 2 Datavideo DN-60 with an XH-A1 and XH-A1S; good price and good performances. A firmware update added a feature we needed (the auto BIN advance).
We hadn't problems but we will always use the tape as backup (you can gang tape and file stap/stop recording).
Be careful, it works with Sandisk CF only (we are using Extreme 60MBps).

Best Regards,

Paolo.Castellano@ivs.it
http://www.ivsEdits.com
-----------------------
"Post Fata Resurgo"

Return to posts index

Chas Smith
on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:23:04 am

Thanks Joel & Paolo for your replies.
Very good info!

Chas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]