FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon Cameras

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike Rodriguez
Canon Cameras
on Jun 10, 2012 at 3:58:41 pm

I do mostly documentary work and have been using a Canon AHX1 and a Canon 7d for productions. I have read a lot of posts and it seems like a combination of both camcorder and DSLR cameras are a good combination. I have been thinking about adding another camcorder to my fleet. At this point budget is a concern so I was looking at a Canon FX 100. Any other recommendations in that price range or thoughts. Is anyone using a Canon FX 100 in documentary work (Internet and TV). My concern is quality and I am concerned about a single sensor camcorder yet I want to go tapeless.

Mike

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: Canon Cameras
on Jun 12, 2012 at 11:24:33 pm

Well Mike,

I have used a Canon 5D Mark II for 5 years which gives you excellent control over depth of field being a full frame sensor with the FD IS Lens,(not the same as the 7D ) the new Mark III may be even better with the headphone plug . Personally I thought the Canon AHX1 would have been a winner as the 1440 x 1080i tape http://www.usa.canon.com/app/html/HDV/XHA1/ anamorphic is professional .

On a split monitor with 1920 x 1080 and 1440 x 1080 you may be hard placed to tell the difference in quality and the zoom capabilities of your camcorder is stunning ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]