FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XF300 real life field experiences

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Huckle
Canon XF300 real life field experiences
on Jun 8, 2012 at 1:21:51 pm

Hi
I’m hunting any real life experience of anyone whose spent much time using a Canon XF300

I’m very much use to a Canon XLH1 and Sony PMW EX3 both semi shoulder mountable and with eye pieces

So my question is the much smaller new Canon XF300 comfortable to use and could you withstand a steady standing interview for any length of time?

Thanks for your time
Jamie

Return to posts index

Harry Pallenberg
Re: Canon XF300 real life field experiences
on Jun 13, 2012 at 5:04:12 pm

I HATE the ergonomics of the XL1 and Sony EX3 - find them a pain to handhold... much prefer the XF300 even if it is lens heavy... BUT it is totally subjective. One man's handhold treasure is another's handhold trash. Also I would not say the Xf300 is much smaller than either... it is pretty large but I love it.

Thanks,
Harry

Forum Cowmunity Leader: Indie & Doc
Forum Cowmunity Leader: HDV

2.93Core i7 ** 4GB ** 10.6.7 (Office / Photoshop/ FCP 7)

Where They Raced
http://www.wheretheyraced.com

Return to posts index

Brian Struble
on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:46:34 am

Jamie:

The LCD screen is a joy to use. Can't say that I love the viewfinder so much. The camera is solid and lens-heavy, so that might influence how much you'll hand-hold. If portability is a concern, you might check out the XF 100. Picture quality is similar, but significantly smaller than it's big brother. Some of the switches and buttons have been removed (hidden behind menus), so that might influence your decision.

Best regards,

Brian

Return to posts index

Mike Thompson
on Aug 8, 2012 at 5:26:44 pm

I am looking into buying the XF300 as we are trying to upgrade to HD from GL2 and was wondering if the XF300 still shot in SD so as to match up with the other GL2s that we have in post. And does anyone know why the discontinued the XH-A1s? That was the one we were going to move to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]