FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XHA1: Glitches in recording

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Diamond
Canon XHA1: Glitches in recording
on Jun 3, 2012 at 5:48:36 pm

Have been using my Canon XHA1 for two years now without incident. All of a sudden while reviewing footage from a previous shoot, noticed that there is a glitch in the footage every 30 seconds or so. The glitch is a second or two gap in the recording.

I put in my head cleaner (for the first time) and ran it for ten seconds, and only seems to have made the problem worse. I keep excellent care of my camera and air dust it all the time.

Why is this happening? Is it just a dirty head? How can I fix this and what might this cost?

Any help or direction to related posts would be welcomed.

Return to posts index

Brad Ferree
Re: Canon XHA1: Glitches in recording
on Jun 10, 2012 at 6:34:22 pm

I have been using an XH-A1 for about 5 years now and that happen to me a few times, and each time the fix was something completely different.

1. It was an import issue - tape was fine and ran back on playback just fine but the import came in chopping every 30 seconds to a minute

2. DVC tape issue - try out a tape from a different batch or a brand new one. I had a package of tapes I got last minute that you could actually see the magnetic strip wind as uneven through the clear plastic. Make sure the tapes don't get knocked around too much or go through extreme heat or cold.

3. Head cleaner - I use sony tapes and I make sure to use a sony head cleaner, because I used one of the aftermarket head cleaners a while ago and it was absolutely worthless.

I hope this gives you some direction, because I know how frustrating that problem is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]