FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing back files from XA10

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hayward
Playing back files from XA10
on Mar 28, 2012 at 3:39:26 pm

Hello,

I've had a search through previous posts and couldn't find an answer to my problem.

Using a Canon XA10, Win7 64bit, 8GB, i7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Sony Vegas Pro 10.

If I hook my camera up to my TV or monitor for watching the mts files they playback fine. However if I download them to my PC and want to play them in a media player the playback is jerky and the quality isn't as good as I've seen it is. I've tried VLC, Windows Media Player, PotPlayer and end up with the same thing. The video is a simple slow pan from left to right of a room. When (on my PC) the camera's panning the image suffers, but when its static its as I'd expect it to be.

I've also tried rendering them into other formats (mov, avi) through Vegas and I get the same result on playback.

I was recommended the below and this improved things slightly.

http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc

I thought maybe the memory card (4 speed) would be the problem, but its playing back fine, except on my PC.

Any help appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Hayward
Re: Playing back files from XA10
on Apr 2, 2012 at 3:32:40 pm

Contacted Canon and when they use their XA10 they get the same issue, fine when hooked up directly to a monitor/tv, but jerky when playing back through a computer (lower specs than me). Does anyone know anyone who has an XA10 and if they experience the same problem with AVCHD files?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]