FORUMS: list search recent posts

European compact camcorder with professional specs for feature film, able to edit swiftly in FCP?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ozan Akinci
European compact camcorder with professional specs for feature film, able to edit swiftly in FCP?
on Mar 14, 2012 at 2:16:45 am

The camera should be able to both have all the necessary professional shooting specs : xlr input, white balance, gain, nd filter, 24fps, 25fps, 60fps...ect. to be able to shoot a feature film. Also it should have a great range in sensor (preferably full-frame if possible). The camera should also (with an adapter if needed [like Letus35]) have the ability to be able to work with prime lense. And last but not least, should be affordable and not as expensive ans Red One or Arri Alexa. I am not looking for any DSLR cameras, hence Canon 5D Mark II, or III.

I came across these camera that caught my attention :

- Canon Legria HF G10
- Canon Vixia HF G10

Anyone have any other camera that they can suggest?

Return to posts index

Ali Noori
Re: European compact camcorder with professional specs for feature film, able to edit swiftly in FCP?
on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:13:40 pm

As side camera Canon GH works ok. Mentioning that, i mean for a documentary film production, this camera delivers good picture, but a flat picture. You might get on with it as a side solution in the editing stage. Smaller chip is less bockeh (DOF). More clear, flat TV picture.

GoPro is a good example for you, used to shot all impossible angels. feature or documentary, it's used and treated in special way.

Even if you use an external recording device (Atmos ninja) with canon GH, the camera still gives you not that satisfying final result for your master shot, more correct, the film look.

If it's film production, any DSLR will deliver far different result. Any lens in the cheapest range with a DSLR will work ok or should maybe I say much better than the GH, for a feature story.
Another in between solution might be that you should have a look at mirror less cameras (panasonic GH2, Sony NX-7) where you have big chip, possibility to lens variety, converters etc. The sound is about the same in the AVCHD format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]