FORUMS: list search recent posts

My footage looks heavily interlaced on pc but it is fine on mac.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Hunt
My footage looks heavily interlaced on pc but it is fine on mac.
on Jan 12, 2012 at 6:55:00 pm

Hi all. I'm new here so sorry if I make any mistakes.

I am having a problem with regards to editing the footage I recorded the other day and was hoping you could give me some advice. I am making an interactive movie in flash and I need to edit the footage from my camera in final cut pro in college and then put it onto my windows laptop to edit in aftereffects (I will import it into flash after all this).

I got the clips and they looked fine when I imported them into Final Cut Pro yesterday. I did the editing and then exported them so that I could edit them further in After Effects.

The problem I am having is that the footage looks heavily interlaced (or has a lot of interface artifacting or whatever you call it) when I play it back on my windows laptop. This did not show up on the macs in college or my brothers mac at home. I was wondering if you would know any way around this? I have to present my progress so far in a week and this will be on a PC. It is pretty much unwatchable on them but looks fine on a mac.

Would this have something to do with the setting I had on the camera during filming or is it another issue? Perhaps it was set to 1080i instead of 1080p and that may be the problem? I am clueless with camera formatting/interlacing and all this technical stuff and I seem to always get some sort of problem when I try to carry out a video project. It's kind of soul destroying seeing as I want to go into a career in this sort of area later.

Some details: I exported it as a quicktime (.MOV) file for putting it into flash later.
I used a canon camcorder (don't know which one as my lecturer took it back from me).
I've never had this problem on my laptop before.

Any additional info you need I will try to provide.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]