FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XA10 Audio Question

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Johnson
Canon XA10 Audio Question
on Dec 19, 2011 at 8:23:54 pm

Hi, I don't know a whole lot about cameras and microphones, so I need some help.

I recently got a Canon VIXIA XA10 and I think it's an awesome camera, from what I can tell. I have a 3.5mm lavalier microphone that works, but there's a problem with it. With the camera running on battery power the sound is as clear as a bell, but if I have the camera plugged into an outlet, then I have a horribly loud buzz.

I figured it was the 3.5mm jack, so I bought another lavalier microphone. I didn't realize that it was a miniXLR (was just trying to get an XLR), so I got a miniXLR to XLR connector. I figured out how to turn on phantom power on the camera, but here's the problem. The mic is only picking up extremely loud sounds. If I yell into it I'm only getting -db 40 and I have the dial on the XLR settings up to the max. Any ideas as to what could be going on?

Here's the mic I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047YMAX0/ref=oh_o06_s00_i01_details

Return to posts index

Tyler Johnson
Re: Canon XA10 Audio Question
on Dec 20, 2011 at 1:35:15 pm

Can anyone help? Please, I don't know what I'm doing.

Return to posts index

Tyler Johnson
on Jan 18, 2012 at 2:06:15 pm

I still need help with this. Anyone?

Return to posts index

Arthur Dobbe
on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:50:15 pm

Are you sure the XLR inputs are on 'mic' and not on 'line' level ?

Return to posts index

Tyler Johnson
on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:35:01 pm

Yes. I have XLR inputs set on Mic+48V.

Return to posts index

Jasper Vreken
on Jun 22, 2014 at 4:25:43 pm

I recognise your problem. Maybe you have the outpout of the microphone on AV instead of headphone? Look in the menu.

My problem is that I want to put the recording volume on automatic, so i dont have to worrie about the bass getting overdriven. Any idea?

Good luck!
Jasper

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]