FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XH A1 won't turn on (not stand by/ lock switch error)

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryon Daniels
Canon XH A1 won't turn on (not stand by/ lock switch error)
on Dec 17, 2011 at 8:58:49 am

I just got one of my A1 cameras back from some one who tried to use it for capturing. Worked perfectly when I sent it with him. He had issues capturing footage. And now I have it back and it doesn't start up all of the way. I turn it on and it makes one noise but the lens never adjusts and the LCD never powers on. The HDV light turns blue but I'm not getting any visual and the tape deck won't eject. I tried using the reset button unless there is some complex way of making it work. I've also tried different batteries as well as removing the power source to turn it off. Nothing. Any ideas (other than taking it in to be repaired)?

Return to posts index

Andre Anthonio
Re: Canon XH A1 won't turn on (not stand by/ lock switch error)
on Mar 31, 2012 at 5:00:20 am

I'm having the same problem and looking for a solution. In my case, I was capturing a cassette and when I came back to the camera after being away for about 30 minutes of the process, the camera seemed to have overheated which is to say it was very hot and would not turn off. Removing the battery was the only way to reset the camera and now the LCD works but the tape inside won't eject. It's stuck inside and it has some important client content. I'm so bummed and all while I can a FS CF Pro in the mail. I'm so bummed. How do I get this tape out? I guess Canon or an authorized service center is the only way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]