FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon xf100 mxf files show onscreen display i.e. record icon, time/date, zoom info etc....

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Geigert
canon xf100 mxf files show onscreen display i.e. record icon, time/date, zoom info etc....
on Dec 15, 2011 at 3:16:04 pm

I filmed a job and had this information (record light, zoom info, time/date etc...) displayed on screen. At the completion of the job I dumped the contents of the CF card to a HDD. Now, when I view the MXF files in any program all of that info is visible. I NEED IT TO GO AWAY!

I tried copying the info back to the cards and using a CF reader to then import via Log and Transfer. L&T recognized that there is a card ( I have the appropriate Canon XF utility installed) however it will not populate any of the individual clips.

I called Canon and the rep pretty much said 'Yeah, you're screwed'. I refuse to believe this.

I am stumped.

Please help!

canon xf100, Final Cut Pro 6.0.6,

Return to posts index

Robert John
Re: canon xf100 mxf files show onscreen display i.e. record icon, time/date, zoom info etc....
on Dec 17, 2011 at 7:34:44 pm

William on the XF300/305 we can turn on and off character rec. With it turned on, it records all info that you see on the screen to your clip. I know of no way to get this off the video once it has been recorded. I'm assuming the XF100/105 has the similar menu settings. I know this doesn't answer your problem but thought it might help as far as what caused it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]