FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exposure setting? always over exposed?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Carr
Exposure setting? always over exposed?
on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:19:06 am

Hi i have the xha1 and set to auto, and the exposure is fine. But when its set to manual, the exposure is ALWAYS over exposed. It is set to 9.5, and thats the maximum, and also the gain is set to -3, the lowest. It there something im missing?

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Exposure setting? always over exposed?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 4:48:08 am

Unless this is a trick question my only guess would be that even though you say your camera is in manual mode YOU aren't manually controlling it. Just a hunch ;)

Return to posts index

Timothy Carr
on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:05:42 am

yes i can control it, i can make it lighter, then darker, but not so much that its correctly exposed. Its ALWAYS over exposed

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Oct 11, 2011 at 6:32:09 am

doesn't sound right. if i had the cam in my hands I could probably figure out what's wrong. Try the reset button to return to factory defaults and try manual mode again. Maybe the shutter speed is set so low that too much light is coming in? When you adjust the f-stop is it getting darker at all? gain low aperture small it should be underexposed.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]