FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Remove Stuck Tape?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Jones
How to Remove Stuck Tape?
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:31:21 am

A DV tape has become stuck in my Canon Elura 100 camcorder. When I open the tape door, the motor whirls for a second, but doesn't move the tape holder up and out as it should. I need to get the tape out without destroying the camcorder. A few questions:

(1) Any general suggestions to try that might help?
(2) Any Elura 100 specific suggestions to try that might help? I've pulled a lot of screws out of this thing in an attempt to take it apart and access the tape, but so far no luck.
(3) Any suggestions of a CHEAP facility in Los Angeles that I could turn to for help? Any idea how much it might cost? I'd prefer to do it myself, but can admit when I can go no further.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: How to Remove Stuck Tape?
on Oct 4, 2011 at 4:43:48 am

There's a spring in there to one side that if you remove will most likely allow the inner door to open. Getting it to work after that depends on if anything got bent too badly. Try to find a working one to see how it all goes together. if you find an affordable repair place please post. The normal pro shops charge more than is worth it for this priced cam. I have a couple that need help.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]