FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon ZR40 Camcorder Firewire Question

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Overland
Canon ZR40 Camcorder Firewire Question
on Sep 30, 2011 at 4:04:06 am

Hi,

I have an Adaptec AFW-2100 Firewire Card in my XPproSP2 Dell box. It used to work fine prior to a virus crash of the computer. I have the computer back up and running fine but can't seem to get my Canon ZR40 camcorder to communicate with the computer. Where the computer used to immediately acknowledge a connection, now it doesn't see anything there. I've tried the 'capture' feature in my software and get that error message (doesn't sense a connection in the Firewire port).

A picture of my Device Manager is posted here:
http://home.nctv.com/ajns/ADAPTEC2.JPG

Adaptec support indicates that it should operate fine (despite the apparent error on 'Other Devices') so my question...

Is there some way I can test the Firewire port on my Canon camcorder OR is there something I need to do to 'turn on the port' in software within the camera?

It's been a year or so since I connected the camera to my computer but it worked just fine the last several times I did it and for whatever reason now, I can't seem to get the computer to recognize anything connected to the Firewire connection.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Chris

Return to posts index

Timothy Carr
Re: Canon ZR40 Camcorder Firewire Question
on Sep 30, 2011 at 2:42:23 pm

Try using a free program called "HDV Split". Plug in your camera, turn it to play mode (i dont have this cam so whatever it needs) and see if HDV split detects it.

Return to posts index

Chris Overland
Re: Canon ZR40 Camcorder Firewire Question
on Oct 2, 2011 at 9:57:00 pm

Thanks for the idea. Tried it and it didn't work but thanks. I need to find some means of testing the firewire port in my camera. Might take it to my local Staples to see if they have anything that they can plug it into. My Adaptec card is an internal PCI so just plugging the camera into my laptop isn't an option for me but I would like to find some sort of firewire to USB2 converter. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]