FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D H.264 files are 2 frames out of sync after import on FCP 7.03 and Avid 5.5

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Flynn
Canon 7D H.264 files are 2 frames out of sync after import on FCP 7.03 and Avid 5.5
on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:21:40 am

I've run into the strangest issue with some H.264 Quicktimes shot on the 7D. The footage plays down in sync prior to import, but when I import to FCP or Avid, each clip is two frames out of sync. Here's what troubleshooting I've done so far, none of which resolved the issue:

FCP:
Transcoded via MPEG Streamclip to 422, import
Log and capture H.264 files, transcode, import
Import H.264 directly (I know, it's a delivery and not an editing codec)

AVID:
Link via AMA
Link via AMA, then transcode to DHxHD 115
Import using DNxHD 115
Transcode 7D files to DNxHD 115 via MPEG Streamclip, import

But here's the kicker. When I export a clip, it's back in sync again. So it's only out of sync after it's been ingested.

I'm using FCP 7.0.3 and Avid 5.5 on an early 2011 MacBook Pro, i7, 8GB RAM, all media imported via external Firewire,

If anyone has any insight into this odd behavior, by all means let me know! I'm stumped.

"Started on a Steenbeck, but wouldn't go back."

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: Canon 7D H.264 files are 2 frames out of sync after import on FCP 7.03 and Avid 5.5
on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:57:49 pm

For what it is worth, my son in Media uses a Canon 5D mark II and uses iMovie not FCP , it works automatically and may not have all the settings as in FCP no, issues. We are PAL here and use 25fps, In an i7 64 bit and Sony Vegas , but, you probably have set the input settings correctly, but, just check it ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]