FORUMS: list search recent posts

XF100-DVD Studio Pro Workflow

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louise Blue
XF100-DVD Studio Pro Workflow
on Sep 20, 2011 at 6:01:57 am

I recently bought the Canon XF100 and love it! However, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall when it comes to burning that video to DVD.

Of course, I understand that there is no way to maintain the original quality of the video when it is compressed for DVD, but I was at least hoping for a decent quality. Right now, the video has a lot of artifacts and looks incredibly compressed.

I'm currently shooting a freelance project for broadcast TV. The station is transferring the video directly into their editing system, and it looks great on air. However, I also want to provide the people featured in the videos with their own copies on DVD. So far, none of the DVD's I've burned have looked anything near the quality that I feel I can actually give to someone.

Here is my workflow, please see if you can find some holes in it:

1. Shoot on XF100 at 50mbps

2. Import into Final Cut Pro 7 using Log and Transfer (Apple Pro Res 422)

3. Edit clips in timeline

4. Send to compressor using "DVD Best Quality 90 mins" setting

5. Import assets into DVD Studio Pro

6. Set for 16x9 SD DVD (don't have Blu-Ray)

7. Build, format and burn DVD

I'm new to the Cow, and this is my first post. I've scoured the forums and haven't found an answer to this specific question, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm a 20+ year broadcast professional, but relatively new to freelancing with my own gear, so I'm also kind of a newbie!

Many thanks,

LB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]