FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good 5D Mark II Package

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Good 5D Mark II Package
on Sep 12, 2011 at 11:20:42 pm

Hey all!

I'm primarily an editor but finally convinced my company to invest in a good camera package to shoot with. Definitely looking at a 5D Mark II but trying to figure out the best bang for my buck is driving me crazy!

I've got around 10K to play with. Will be doing lots of video but plenty of stills as well. Could use some advice on...

- zooms or primes? My first thought was something like a 16-35mm and 24-105mm. Maybe one prime at 50mm? So many choices!
- are L series worth the extra cost? I was thinking yes...why get a high end camera and save on lenses. But I was told the difference in lenses is really only noticeable wide open and you typically stop down for video so the DOF isn't too shallow. The other big difference is contrast which can be done just as well in post. True?
- good options for audio recording and to follow focus? Probably some kind of shotgun mic and external recorder that can plug into the camera? I know there are various eyepieces that you can attach to see focus better. Any recommendations?

I know there are a million variables to these questions. Any general advice to help me put together the best package for this price?

Thanks very much in advance!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]