FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Issue with Canon XH A1.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chas Smith
Capture Issue with Canon XH A1.
on Jul 29, 2011 at 6:09:38 pm

I'm stumped! I've been capturing with Canon HV20 & XH-A1 in Sony Vegas and now I can't get the AV Device in Vegas capture to recognize the Canons. When I disconnect or power off/on the Canon, I hear the audible sound from the PC that indicates firewire Input but launching Vegas and Capture...nothing!!

I switched to a Sony DV camcorder and Vegas recognizes it, captures, etc. Switched back to Canon... I hear the audible but Vegas won't budge.

I've rebooted, swapped firewire cables... powered on/off/on/off.... disconnected... prayed to the Sony gods... nothing. Haven't changed anything from when it was working a few days ago.... I've run a virus check, CCleaner, system restore back & forth...no workie still.

Are there any Canon drivers I need to update or what? No one seems to have any answers other than doing what I've been doing and thus underscoring the true meaning of insanity! Help Please!!

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Capture Issue with Canon XH A1.
on Jul 29, 2011 at 6:44:59 pm

I don't use Vegas but you should probably check 2 things:

1. Your capture settings in Vegas match the material you're trying to capture (dv? hdv? I assume hdv)
2. On the XHA1, unplug firewire cable. In signal settings, make sure playback is set to auto, and also make sure down convert is not set to on if you're trying to capture HDV. (make sure firewire is not connected or some settings will be grey'd out.

switch off A1 andconnect firewire cable, switch on the A1

good luck!

Return to posts index

Chas Smith
on Aug 10, 2011 at 7:25:20 pm

Thanks William:

Apparently I opened Vegas with an older project/edit file which had DV settings in the preferences. This is the only way I can explain it as everything is working with a new project file with the correct prefs.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Aug 11, 2011 at 6:18:12 am

happy to hear you got it sorted out

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]